My ex girlfriend bought a truck under her name for me to…

Customer Question
My ex girlfriend bought...

My ex girlfriend bought a truck under her name for me to pay. we since then broke up. i kept the truck and her and i drew up paperwork and notarized them saying the truck was bought for me under her name and i am responsible for payments and tags,registration and everything that has to do with the truck. now she is getting remarried and wants to me to put the truck in my name or she will have it picked up. can i do anything legally to keep her from giving it back to the bank?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is your ex-girlfriend in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your ex-girlfriend taken so far?

Nothing yet. she wants me get it out of her name.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that i have been giving the payments for over a year and never have been late at all.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Legal
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 21 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

my ex girlfriend bought a truck under her name for me to pay. we since then broke up. i kept the truck and her and i drew up paperwork and notarized them saying the truck was bought for me under her name and i am responsible for payments and tags,registration and everything that has to do with the truck. now she is getting remarried and wants to me to put the truck in my name or she will have it picked up. can i do anything legally to keep her from giving it back to the bank?

Response: Unfortunately, no. The only way to avoid this is to refinance and take the car out of her name.

<p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt">I am sorry that I do not have better news for you. However, as an Attorney and an Officer of the Court, I have ethical and professional obligation to provide you with accurate and honest information eventhough that information may not be in your favor. <p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt">Best wishes,<p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law