My wife took over pmts on her brother in laws car. Now its…

Customer Question
My wife took over...

My wife took over pmts on her brother in laws car. Now its in default and we are not sure what to do. Hes threatning a law suit

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is your wife in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your wife taken so far?

We tryd contacting him for last 3 mths to no response. Now the lender sent him a letter now hes up in arms about it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Why did your wife take over payments on the car? Why is the contract now in default? Is she unable to make the payments? If so, why doesn't she just give the car back to her brother-in-law and tell him is his car and he's now responsible for the payments. Under the facts you have presented, I don't see what he couuld be threatening suit over.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.