What is lis pendens directed toward a foreign judgment?

Customer Question
What is lis pendens...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Judgment was filed in pa.i now an served to tranfer judgment from pa. To fla.where i now live.i am challenging the validity of the foreign judgment and record a lispendens directed toward the foreign judgment

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Sorry chrome thew me off.filing tomorrow in lee co. Clerk to dissmiss.lee co. Barr asocc. Cant find me a lawyer and my 30 days are up ti responed.my notice from lee co.says i can record a lis pendens toward foreign judgment.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i dont think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Due to the fact that Florida is a lien theory state rather than a title state, filing a Lis Pendens notice against a judgment lien will probably have no effect at all. The Lis Pendens simply notifies the public that there is a lawsuit that involves title to real estate. The suit that you are filing against the validity of the judgment is not that kind of suit.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? If not, please don't forget to enter a rating (hopefully ‘Five Star’) by clicking one of the boxes at the top of this reply. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.