I recently had a break up and I owned a thrift store with my…

Customer Question
Hi I recently had...

Hi I recently had a break up and I owned a thrift store with my ex gf who really screwed me over and her and her parents have helped her to take my truck which was given to us by her father. The problem is that we lost the tilte and I had no proof to prove that he gave it to me. So one day she broke into the store and i left immediately out the front door and went to the police station bc she gives me anxiety and ptsd from past stuff and I was not in a place to be around her and wanted to do this the right way but since I left and had friend go and help me out instead of me getting more upset and distraught the police office let her in and let her take my belongings and told me they wanted the truck back but they would have to take me to civil court to get it. So that day I was able to keep the truck and then a few days later I went to go leave and they were waiting for me in the parking lot across from the store. Her father and mother were there to get the truck back. The mother stayed outside yelling at me in front of my store while I had customers. Her father also was yelling at me and trying to get in the truck while I was in it. He had called and talked to the officer that helped us in the first call. The officer and her father came in the store and started harassing me with customers in it. I had lost the keys while trying to leave when this all happened and the stated if i didn't find them I was going to jail and was being a total dick as i was crying and looking like a crazy person trying to find the keys all freaked out bc i had customers and didn't want to go to jail. So i found them and gave them to the officer which gave them to the father. They still stood there bullshitting with each other like is was the best day ever. After a few minutes they left. Well I had to close the store bc I couldn't maintain it all by myself with no vehicle or internet or phone which was all turned off without notice bc her mom was helping us out while we got are credit right. When they came in the first time her mother took the files and they denied me access to our square register for the business. So I found the title for the truck when i was moving out and went to show the officer so i could get it back and they said that officer never reported that he was out there and took the truck. I have witness that he did. Also went to dmv and the father already transferred it in to his name and my ex name and put it on a non op. She got the jeep and I was supposed to get the truck and they even fixed it for me and it was in the shop which they paid for about a month. Once it was done at the shop they were told that It was mine and I could pick it up which I did. So she has mentally and financially screwed my 12 year old daughter which had to leave her school that she had been going to already and has been with the same friends since elementary to go to a new school bc I just couldn't find rides for her and the bus didn't go close to her school. We have been threw hell bc of all of this. Can you please help. O and her parents have money and think that they should just enable they're daughter and think they can get away with anything.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have harassment charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Nothing has been filed

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the harassment occur?

Californiia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Legal
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 21 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 15 days ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only. No course of action is proposed and the information provided does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
What can I answer for you?

Tina, Lawyer