Do I have to accept a low ball offer on my vehicle that was…

Customer Question
Do I have to...

Do I have to accept a low ball offer on my vehicle that was totaled by by insurance company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in Oklahoma. Yes the blue book value of the auto was between 6500 and 7200. They offered me 5200

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Oklahoma

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with over 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

NO, you do not have to accept the offer. You can negotiate with the insurance company AND ultimately you can sue them in small claims court for a larger amount. Also you can negotiate that you get the salvagge title and keep the car so that you can sell it for parts if youwish.

To negotiate you want more than the blue book information. If you can get an independent appraisal of the value of your car at the time it was hit you will have more ammo in your fight.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Very satisfied with his response.

Thank you.

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

Kind regards,

Gerald