I currently have a Vehicle theft/vandalism claim open with…

Customer Question
I currently have a...

I currently have a Vehicle theft/vandalism claim open with my insurance company. They immediately refer my case to SIU and after giving my statement to the Investigater the are now asking me to fill out and sign an Authorization for Release of Information from. I don't see how this is related to my claim?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have filed a police report the night I discovered the incident which occurred in the parking garage at my residence. I gave a statement to my Claims adjuster, I contacted/ informed the Property Manager of the Building. I gave a statement to the SIU Investigater. I provide pictures, receipts, and proof of ownership for Items damaged/stolen. A copy of Police report as well as an invertory of items missing. All screen shots and texts showing what time I called building security, the police,and my wife

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

What kind of information is being sought by Authorization for Release?

Thank you for your cooperation.