I want to sell property for a dissolved corporation in

Customer Question
I want to sell...

I want to sell property for a dissolved corporation in illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an IL lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have buyer agreed with price.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This business is closed for last 16 years

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Attorney Wendy, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

When a business ceases operations and dissolves as a business entity, there are usually state requirements to formally end the existence of that entity (assuming the business operated as a corporation, LLC, partnership or other entity other than a sole proprietorship). Part of that process is what is known as winding up. Winding up involves notice to creditors of the business's plans to stop operations, such that these creditors can then make any claims that they are owed money from the business prior to the business disposing of its assets. In your situation, if I understand it correctly, the business has not operated for the past 16 years. With that amount of time since the business was actually open and functioning, it would be unlikely there are creditors who still believe the business is a going concern. If you are satisfied there are no creditors who are still owed money by the business, a sale of the closed business assets would be appropriate. To effectuate that sale, you will need whatever business approval the business form (corporation - shareholder vote; LLC - member vote; etc.) requires to approve the sale.

I just saw your phone call request come through as I was responding. I am not in a position to conduct a call at this time, but if after our email correspondence you still need to schedule a call, we could do it at a later time.

If you wish to proceed just via email, you can reply to this email with any follow-up questions. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This information is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.

There are no creditors and outstanding debts for this corporation. We have potential buyer for the property. The DEED is in the Corporation's name which is dissolved for a long time. My wife is President for this corporation. Property taxes were paid to-date. Can still my wife can sign this transaction deal? How this can be done?
How can I sell this property without reinstatement process?