My brother has a business and he says he wants to give me…

Customer Question
My brother has a...

My brother has a business and he says he wants to give me power of attorney over his business until he gets better. Do I need a lawyer for that or is that something that I can type up on my own.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None... I dont even know 100 % what a power of attorney is exactly

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. There are forms of Powers of Attorney that would give you very broad powers to act on behalf of your brother in running his business. I can provide samples for you. My concern for you would be to make sure that you do not become personally liable for acting on his behalf. Let me provide some forms and we can discuss them.

ok

Forms https://powerofattorney.com/texas/

https://www.uslegalforms.com/tx/TX-P003A.htm

I can provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in your area to make sure that you have a power of Attorney that covers your brother's needs and protects you. Where in Texas are you and your brother located?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. I a, sorry that you are going through this.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.