I am in AZ and have recently resigned from a very small non…

Customer Question
I am in AZ...

I am in AZ and have recently resigned from a very small non profit. Myself, with another 2 people have put together a petition and had over 1/2 of the members signed. We presented the petition at the last board members with our demands. They refused to step down, then sent a letter to all the members that we were liars, etc. WE are trying to find an attorney that needs some pro bono hours.

Lawyer's Assistant: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out. Have you talked to an AZ lawyer about this?

When i called the state bar they gave me this website. So i take it that this is a national database?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Presented the petition with the signatures of members to the board. The meeting was held and the members in attendance voted them off the board. They refused to leave.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Other than the president of the non profit sent out a letter calling us liars, etc. so i am not sure if we have grounds for a defamation suit as well.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 24 days ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. This is a site that answers legal questions (and other questions). We are not a law firm, and we don't represent anyone in court or handle pro bono cases. We "Just Answer" questions (hence the name). Do you have a question, or is this not what you're looking for?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok thank you for the response.

So to be clear, you're not looking to have any question actually answered? Because I can address the strengths / weaknesses of your case, if you have a case, etc... But we don't do pro bono cases at all (regardless how weak or strong they may be) because we "Just Answer" questions. That's so that we don't have any conflict of interest (we're not looking to have you give us a retainer or anything but rather give you a definite answer, either yes or no, to your question)

Hello?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you for your patience. The information i have is listed in my original contact. I had been given this web address by the State Bar Association. I believe that i will have to find an attorney in our state. You are telling me you are not in the state correct?

I'm not in Arizona, no, but I can answer questions that you might have about these issues. And I can tell you that these types of lawsuits are almost never taken as pro bono. I don't know of any lawyers that will sue a nonprofit pro bono unless it's a very compelling reason. But again, please let me know if you're not looking for your questions to be answered, so that I can opt out and work with other customers.

Please let me know what you want to do as I am still waiting for your response.

Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 23 days ago

Hello?

Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 19 days ago

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?

Tina, Lawyer