My fiance is a Lt.General in the US Army and has been

Customer Question
My fiance is a...

My fiance is a Lt.General in the US Army and has been detained for two months in Agfhanistan Immigration. They want $68,000 to release but can't get a notory there for a Power of Attorney because they won't let any one in to see him thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your fiancé taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

None, they wont let him He is like in a prison setting

Lawyer's Assistant: Has your fiancé talked to a lawyer about this?

I would like to get access to his money accounts, then I can get him out

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The military lawyer tryed to do something but failed

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Attorney replied 25 days ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

(The system will automatically generate a phone call request to you which is NOT from me. I will not accept a phone call request and will work through the chat system.)

I'm sorry, but you are being scammed. 3 Star Generals in the Army do no get retained by immigration in countries that we are occupying. Based on the status of forces agreement that we have the existing government, they do not hold our soldiers for any reason.

The fact alone that this person has access to internet to converse with you is further indication that the story does not add up. If the person has internet access, they have account access in this modern world.

Further, you stated that a military lawyer was working with him and trying to help. If that were the case, the document would have been notarized because military lawyers do that.

None of this person's story adds to anything like what military reality in a deployed location actually is like. I am 100% sure that you met this person online through social media and are presently being scammed for information so that your identity can be stolen or you can be convinced to send some money for a "processing fee."

I have seen this same, or similar, scam 100's of times in the last few years (and 4 times this week). We are asked about this sort of thing on a regular basis. You need to cut ties with this scammer immediately. I'm sorry to bear bad news here, but this person is not a soldier.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Please DON’T rate my service until after you have asked any follow up questions that you have, so that I have the best opportunity to earn all 5 stars. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Attorney replied 24 days ago

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care, have a great day and please don’t forget to rate my service.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney