I need help understanding what my mother will be paying for…

Customer Question
Hi, I need help...

Hi, I need help understanding what my mother will be paying for money she is inheriting from her brother that left her and her sister inheritance in his will.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Do I need to get a consultation with an inheritance knowledgeable attorney so I will know if she has to pay taxes on her inheritance, and if she can gift some of the inheritance to her 4 children without penalty.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mom's primary home is in Charlotte, NC, but since she has been sick, I moved her in with me in South Carolina.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

For what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What kind of documents or supporting papers do you need?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Did you Uncle live and die in North Carolina or some other state?

My uncle lived and died in South Carolina.
No it will be better this way so I can print what you tell me.
Are you still here?

Sure.

Okay. Was your Uncle's estate over $5 million?

Oh no, only about $550,000 for property and land
By the way, is this my free 7 day trial? I was aware that I had 7 days to try this before they charged me 47.00

You need to contact Customer Service about charges. So, contact Customer Service.

Okay I will do that.

Alright. If you end up being okay with any charges, then we can continue here.

What is the phone number to call customer service.
p>
I am chatting with them now.

Sure. Just get back to me if you want to continue. Otherwise, you can close the question.

I thought I had a 7 day free trial to ask questions, I was NOT informed I would be charged $47. to get an answer. This is misleading and I am not happy. I will contact an attorney here in SC that has a free consultation to get some answers. Thank you.

Okay. I will let Customer Service know.