At is the stat. What is the statue of limitation in the

Customer Question
At is the stat ...

At is the stat

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

What is the statue of limitation in the state ok Kentucky on a malpractice issue?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is a case of mesh to repair a hernia. I was hospitalized with major infection in 2012.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Attorney replied 22 days ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

(The system will automatically generate a phone call request to you. I intend to just use this chat format as I am not accepting phone calls at this time).

There are really two different dates that are in place.

The first is the statute of limitations, which is one year from the date the cause of action accrued, meaning the date that the injured person discovered or should have discovered that there was malpractice.

There is also a second date, called a statute of repose, and that states that no matter what a medical malpractice a lawsuit can only be extended (through lack of discovery) up to 5 years following the date upon which the negligence took place.

So, if a person had a surgery on 1 Jan 2018, the latest that they could possibly file would be 1 January 2023, but only if they hadn't discovered the issue until some time in 2022. The moment the negligence is discovered, the 1 year statute of limitations starts counting.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Please DON’T rate my service until after you have asked any follow up questions that you have, so that I have the best opportunity to earn all 5 stars. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Attorney replied 21 days ago

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care, have a great day and please don’t forget to rate my service.

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney