I signed something yesterday regarding a diet...went for a…

Customer Question
I signed something yesterday...

I signed something yesterday regarding a diet...went for a consultation. I feel it was push. I brought the kit home, read everything. Found out I cant pput lotion on my body, I cant drink Coffee. And many other things..Being a diabetic, following this would be very difficult. My problem is the document I signed says I cant return abyrhing. This contract us for $2,9. Which I believe is a ripoff. I know if I had thought it through I would not have signed. Is there anything Ii can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None this was just yesterday, i spent the evening reading how this works.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I Did finance this...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Getting out of a contract can be very difficult. With that said, there are some things that you would want to consider that the law recognizes as defenses to the enforcement of a contract. One of the defenses is capacity, meaning that a person who is mentally ill, under the age of 18, under the influence of drugs/alcohol can have the contract voided. Additionally, if a party enters into an agreement under duress, it can be voided. Also, if the contract is so one-sided that it would be considered unconscionable, that is another reason. Finally, there is the issue of mistake. A court can declare that there is a mistake made by both parties as to the assumption on which the contract was based. For example, if both parties made an assumption that a certain event would occur, but the event does not occur, then the contract is voidable. Unless the agreement falls into one of these categories, then the agreement is enforceable.

There is something called frustration of purpose that you might be able to use to help your situation. Generally, this means that if something unexpected occurred which totally destroyed your ability to use the items, services, or goods, or otherwise prevented you from receiving them, then a court may reason that you don't have to pay for them.

In your case, if you can't put the lotion on your body, can't drink the coffee, and if your diabetes prohibits you from even using the products for your diet, then the purpose may be frustrated.

What is your answer?

You may want to click here to purchase a "contract termination" template and cite the reasons I provided. You may need to settle on a settlement because it's probable they won't return all of the money, but it's your best shot.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

That doesnt really tell me anything.please cancel my question

Maybe we are miscommunicating. Based on what you provided, you said that the contract says that you're not allowed to return anything and you're asking whether there was anything you can do despite the language in the contract. I stated that unless there is something like incapacity, duress, or mistake, then you really can't get out of it like you're hoping. In addition, I provided a reasonable option for you under frustration of purpose as well. So, you'll have to forgive me as I am a little confused as to why it doesn't tell you anything. Was there something that you misunderstood or have trouble understanding? I know these are probably new legal concepts, but I'm willing to help you understand them. Just let me know.

I am very frustrated. Thos contract is almost $3,000 for a diet.. I'm not sure yet what I can do....

I can certainly understand your frustration. Have you had a chance to talk to them about the problems? What kind of advice have they given you?