I work for maxim in Philadelphia pa an I signed a non

Customer Question
Hi I work for...

Hi I work for maxim in Philadelphia pa an I signed a non compete form an they told me I can work with other agencie but I can’t work with my consumer with other Agency an that’s not fair of both me an consumer are not happy in this company they also said it could take up to 6 month to a year before I can work with consumer again is there a way around it please we need help

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a PA lawyer about this?

No haven’t been able to get anyone on phone

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I tried talking to my employer but it hasn’t worked

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

And could I get in trouble

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 28 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

While you say it "is not fair," if you signed a contract to not compete, then you are bound by the agreement you made. The reason written contracts are used is to bind people to agreements they made and if people could just ignore these agreements, then written contracts would be meaningless and worthless.

So, if you signed the non-compete agreement, you have to follow exactly what the agreement says, whether you think it is fair or not, or the employer can sue you and get a court order stopping you from violating the non-compete AND force you to pay damages to them plus attorney's fees for you violating the non-compete and that could become very costly for you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney