My widowed father lives in SC. He is in the hospital. I his…

Customer Question
My widowed father lives...

My widowed father lives in SC. He is in the hospital. I his daughter live in FL. I'm on my way to visit him can his new wife of one year stop me from coming to my family house my own mother brought with my father.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

My father has a will predated before this second marriage leaving all to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to go to the house I have Keyes and I will get permission from my day but this new wife said she will call the police

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 23 days ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
She cannot. The limited exception is if she was granted a broad power of attorney and uses it to limit access.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The second wife has no right.
Good. If denied access involve the police.
Good luck! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Tina, Lawyer