In New York and Connecticut, bars and restaurants may allow…

Customer Question
In New York and...

In New York and Connecticut, bars and restaurants may allow an 18 year old to drink alcohol if the par3ent purchases the beverage for them and is present. Is this true in Florida>

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a NY lawyer about this?

It is in the licensing rules for Bars.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

I just want to know if the same rules apply inFlorida?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Florida makes a very limited exception to the ban on underage drinking and that is only for educational purposes (ie hospitality industry). Please see statute below:http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0500-0599/0562/Sections/0562.111.html

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.