A friend wrecked my car. He owes me for 1000$ deductibles…

Customer Question
A friend wrecked my...

A friend wrecked my car. He owes me for 1000$ deductibles and new tire and uber fares.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Campbell co

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This happened last June or July. Is it too late? Also he spoke with my insurance co. Do they keep statements that long?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this. The statute of limitations per code 413.125 is 2 years for property damage meaning a suit must be filed and served within that time frame or forever barred.
The plaintiff may sue for reasonably foreseeable and proximately caused damages which may include the cost of repair and alternative travel costs.Insurance typically retains records for 3 years.A small claim suit may be brought and if judgment is entered it is a public record so it is reported to the credit bureaus which may provide incentive for the defendant to pay for damages before the case gets to that point.Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate positively if you feel I have earned it! Thank you!

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.