Is it illegal for someone to take my picture, without my…

Customer Question
Is it illegal for...

Is it illegal for someone to take my picture, without my consent, for malicious intent, at an AA meeting where it is a stated fact that we are bound by anninimity?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing as of yet. I just found out that someone took my picture.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This photo was used in court for malicious intent

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 28 days ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your criminal and privacy law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your request.

For your privacy to have been infringed in Florida there must have been an expectation of privacy in relation to he photo, so if the photo was in a public environment there may not be this expectation of privacy to bring a civil action for breach of privacy. This really depends on the nature of the photograph; for example publication of a nude photograph without that person's consent might incur criminal as well as civil repercussions.

Depending on the use and context of the picture if the picture has been used to defame you are show you in a false light there might be also a defamation action against this person.

This would need to be aside from its use in court due to privileges in relation to trial testimony.

So , if you didn't successfully challenge the introduction of the photo in court as evidence you would need to challenge it under privacy grounds in a civil suit.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return your positive rating is much appreciated.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The photo was taken at an Alcoholics ANONYMOUS meeting, where it is clearly stated before and after each meeting that privacy of attendance is to remain anonymous.

Yes there would appear to be a clear violation of your expected privacy.

You would be looking to sue this person in the circuit court under the tort of invasion of privacy.

You should contact a local attorney to discuss your option to sue.

https://www.floridabar.org/public/lrs/

Just a reminder

YYour positive rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer