I had a question.. while I was in school I did a five week…

Customer Question
Hi I had a...

Hi I had a question.. while I was in school I did a five week intern in a prison clinic in Texas. One of the days I was there a inmate came into the clinic. I saw him for his appointment and he told me a little about him and had told me I was very pretty. I didn’t say anything back but kind of smiled..

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No cause nothing happened

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a TX lawyer about this yet?

I was going to ask if I would get in trouble if I wrote him

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’m not there anymore or planning on actually working there it was just for a clinic rotation but I didn’t want to write him if I could get in trouble just because I thought someone was attractive

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/29/2018
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

You probably should not as it could very easily be deemed a HIPAA violation. Do you have any sort of contract or policies and procedures for the clinic that address patient contact?