Answer and Countersue. If a plaintiff sues for an injunction…

Answer and Countersue. If a...
Answer and Countersue. If a plaintiff sues for an injunction about building a fence, can the defendant answer, and countersue for for an injunction to get plaintiff to prevent leaves from a tree from blowing onto defendants property. So can a countersue by defendant in same case, be completely unrelated to the original plaintiff complaint.
3/29/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you very much requesting for my assistance.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Questions:

Answer and Countersue. If a plaintiff sues for an injunction about building a fence, can the defendant answer, and countersue for for an injunction to get plaintiff to prevent leaves from a tree from blowing onto defendants property.

Response 1: No, because the counterclaim does not relate to the primary case.

So can a countersue by defendant in same case, be completely unrelated to the original plaintiff complaint

Response 2: Unfortunately, no. Counterclaim must relate to the underlying/primary case.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law