For my brother which also include health, I am trying to get…

Customer Question
Hello, I am POA...

Hello, I am POA for my brother which also include health, I am trying to get Medicaid for him,they are giving me a real short time to this his info by the deadline, my question is if he do not have insurance ,will I be responable for his hospital bills?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

He is on disability from work so far. I have fill out paper work for Medicaid which I got today but it has to be turn in by April 5th,my brother was not orgainaze at all, but do not want to be responsible for his debt.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good evening. Being POA gives you the authority to act on his behalf, but it does not make you liable for any of his debts and liabilities. But, you want to be careful when you sign anything that you don't just sign your name, but, rather, that you sign it in your capacity of POA for your brother. Anything you sign should look like this:

______________________________

[Your Name], as Power of Attorney for [Your Brother's Name]

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!