My court date id to marrow for my civil suite, and I need to…

My court date id to...
My court date id to marrow for my civil suite, and I need to know what I need to expect and what I need to bring with me. I am going for default, State Farm has not gotten in touch with me or answered my summons. Do they have a possibility of showing up?
3/28/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. In a situation like this, the plaintiff would want to bring proof of service, to show the defendant was served and has failed to respond. They also want to bring and/or motion in court, for a default and judgment to be entered against the other party as well, for failing to respond in a timely manner. Yes, they could show up and if they do, would need to show good cause and explain why an answer or responsive pleading was not filed and then it would be up to the Judge to decide if they should be given time, so this can be decided on the merits.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
That would be the receipt that the summons was delivered, yes? And then can I ask for what I figure the settlement should be.

Yes, that is correct. You should have received a return of service, to show the date and time it was served and who it was served upon. If granted, the Judge should ask for evidence/proof of the amount which you seek to obtain a judgment for.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
All I have now is an old calendar for my lost wadges our H.R. has changed 3 times since then, I do have the collection notices for ambulance abs the car rental, what about pain and suffering though

It is unlikely they will award for pain and suffering unless you can show the damage and value of this and what it is worth.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Just migraine headaches from now on, never even had a regular headache now I have to take shots for them and medicatioin 2 times a day to try to prevent them from happining

I think you would need a medical expert to testify to this and that it is something that will be with you for a long time and you will need treatment and medication for.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Well I have been since 2015 by a neurologist, I signed a form so they could look talk to Dr. Ruliem about it I have that form too.
but the judge may want testimony from the doctor. If a judgment is entered you could ask that damages be reserved and a date set to determine them and present evidence.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok Thank you I fell I am ready for to marrow Thank You again
My pleasure.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney