I have a lawsuit pending for medical malpractice, how is the…

I have a lawsuit pending...
I have a lawsuit pending for medical malpractice , how is the case judged financially if won ?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

Do you mean to ask how the damages would be determined at trial? I very much look forward to assisting you on this matter.

I had the oral surgeon drill too far and went into my sinus and caused a oral Antral fistula , which took over a year with surgeries to heal . Still have residual issues

Thank you. So damages in a malpractice case consist of (1) medical bills incurred to treat the injuries you suffered as a result of the negligence; (2) reasonably certain FUTURE medical expenses that you will incur to treat your injuries; (3) any lost wages you suffered as a result of your injuries; and (4) compensation for the pain and suffering you endured. The first three categories I've listed constitute the economic damages, and the last category is known as "general damages," and tends to be the most subjective. A jury will look at out severe your injury was, how it impacted your life and for how long, and how much pain you were in.

I hope this answers your question. If there is anything else I can do for you, just let me know. It's my pleasure.

LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer
Much tnx

You are very welcome. Good luck with your case.