I have a Mechanics Lien on my home and the Lien is being…

I have a Mechanics...

I have a Mechanics Lien on my home and the Lien is being Foreclosed. If the Plaintiff gets a judgement do I have time to pay the judgement or do they make me sell the house to satisfy the Lien? Thanks,

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Case is going to trial. Had a Pre trial today would not take an offer to settle. Goes to trial next week in the CT court sysyem.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CT lawyer about this?

Yes they said I know the case better than they and should speak to the facts of the case to the judge.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know what happens if the plaintiff gets a judgement in his favor.

3/28/2018
Lori
Lori, Attorney

H​ello. Let me see if I can assist. Give me a moment to review and type my reply.

I​f the contractor wins, the court will award a judgment against you in favor of the contractor. The judgment will set the amount due to the contractor and will set a foreclosure sale date to foreclose the lien. You will have the opportunity to pay the judgment lien before the foreclosure sale on the judgment lien.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.

Lori
Lori, Attorney