I have an ex boyfriend who owes me money for a computer I…

Customer Question
I have an ex...

I have an ex boyfriend who owes me money for a computer I bought and paid for under my name. We had an agreement that he would make the payments an he failed. The total is 1100.00 He also owes me 280.00 for a plane ticket which was non refundable and he did not use the ticket and agreed to pay me back.

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in New Mexico..He now lives in California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have emailed him and asked for payment and offered a payment plan to resolve the issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No its been over 2 years

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 3 months ago
retireddebra

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 3 months ago

Sorry. This is on the Canada law list but I can see it is about the law in the US.

I will ask the site to move the post.

Thanks

Thank you
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

At this point, I would file suit in your local small claims court to recover this.

He lives in California..would that still work?

You could file where you live and then seek to enforce in California or file in California directly but then you would have to fly there at least once for the meeting with the judge.

Ugh I don't want to go to Los angeles...would he have to fly to New mexico..or can he take care of it in his state

You can file where you are and just be sure he gets served.