Can the court hold a 18 year in jail with over a million…

Customer Question
Can the court hold...

Can the court hold a 18 year in jail with over a million dollars bond and he a first offender one listing in juvenile court and been in no other trouble and been held in jail 8 month without bond is his right been violated charge with shooting in a occupied dwelling and the people got him on the charges kill a 17 a boy in oui front door that day he was arrested where innocent till proven guilty

Lawyer's Assistant: What was he charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?

Shooting in and occupied dwelling he got a court date tomorrow in Dallas county court Judge Pettway

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Alabama Selma

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was accuse a couple years ago of abbuse neglect of my mother hired a lawyet he haven't got me a court day yet but it not true what I was accuse off and it a awful crime and if a person is accuse they sure have the right to defend they self and that time off crime should have went the court they remove my mother appointed a guardian that dont even visit or no her not interested nothing but a check state paying for nothing it not fair lot of lie misconduct with state employee person vidition no money to fight with and they have violated every right I had and my mother kept medical attention for her at home so thet could find reason to remove her from the home after nursing home abbuse went switch paper put her abbuse on me no she was badly abbuse in a place they had her in by the grace of God she still here she want to be with her family and we want her home we want a day in court

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

An 18 year old is an adult and if he is alleged to commit a crime, he will face the same consequences that an adult will. He's allegedly responsible for the death of another person. There is no crime more serious than a homicide. The judge is within his rights to hold this defendant without bail. This is not the kind of case for which he could get probation, even on a first offense. If he takes a plea or loses at trial, he will definitely have to serve some time in jail. So the months he's presently serving will be counted towards his eventual sentence.

This doesn't mean that the young man doesn't have the right to fight the case and his right to an attorney and to confront the witnesses against him. Also, bail/bond can also be revisited . That is, if there are favorable facts for the defense that start to come out once the matter is being litigated, a lawyer can ask for his client to be released or for bail/bond to be lowered at that time.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.