I am a nurse, currently not working due to ms. I have

I am a nurse...

I am a nurse, currently not working due to ms. I have decided along with my pcp that returning to work is probably not an option. Will hiring an attorney increase my chances of being approved for social security disability benefits?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I work for a small medical office that has no HR and the office manager does not have any experience on this type of issue. I have not contacted a lawyer yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

"at will".

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that I am completely ignorant to the process and would like to know if having a lawyer is the best way to file.

3/28/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

You certainly don't need an attorney for this matter - and I hate spending other people's money for them by telling them to get an attorney! But the reality is that some people simply feel more comfortable having an attorney oversee the benefits application process for them. If you do hire an attorney you may decide that you simply want one to write a letter on your behalf that summarizes the evidence that you're going to submit for your application. If you need assistance finding an attorney, the best place I now to look would be Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Their website information is: http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx or www.martindale.com
It's a very large nationwide database of attorneys that allows you to search by state and by specialty so you can interview attorneys and see if they would be interested in taking your matter on. Please let me know if that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, if you wouldn't mind could you please take a moment to submit a rating. It DOES NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively. 5 STARS is always appreciated! You can still ask follow up questions after rating - and of course please ask if you need clarification to anything I've written. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Thanks so much for your rating! And, just for future reference if you need anything in the future and you want to reach me directly you can do so by going to: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-droliviak-jd-md/?rpt=3800 or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question in a new question thread.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney