I live in concord nh and was wondering if I can get advice…

I live in concord...

I live in concord nh and was wondering if I can get advice about a dog issue ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NH lawyer about this?

No just trying to do some research first

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have talked to my neighbor and tried to be nice to him but he just thinks my dog is an issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just need to know what disturbance laws consist of.

3/28/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

My neighbor is threading to call the police because when I let my dog out in my own fenced in yard she barks at their dog in their yard.

I see. So, is your dog causing any physical harm to the other dog or the neighbor's property?

No she is just very talkative

I see. If this is the case, then what you are doing with your dog is not illegal. A person could get a restraining order against another person if they believe that person (or their pet) is a physical threat, but they have to prove to a judge that this is the case. A barking dog inside a fenced yard is not usually going to be considered a threat at all by a judge and they wouldn't do it. Thus, I don't see any legal liability unless your dog causes some physical damage.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

They have been recording me and my dog can this be used against me and do they have a right to be doing this.

So long as you are not somewhere you would have a reasonable expectation of privacy, they can record; however, even if they do have video, I have no reason to believe they could persuade a judge to issue a restraining order because of a barking dog. Without the threat of physical violence, without any actual trespass onto their land, and without any damage to their property, they have no case at all.

If you don't like them recording, you may want to consider just writing a cease and desist letter. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template cease and desist letter (click here). Lawyers use letters like these often to enforce their client’s rights. It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation. How else can I help you today?

That is all. Thank you for your help
Judy

The pleasure is all mine, Judy! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer