My son who is incarcerated has been given a no contact order…

My son who is...

My son who is incarcerated has been given a no contact order on me. Am the victim. I want to get it lifted. Is there lawyers that can help me in this situation?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None. I been told to wait so I haven't written up my argument as to why I would like to have contact with him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well I just got a phone call from an investigator working on the prosecutor's side saying he violated the order. I refused to give a statement. They are going to charge him violated the order. SMH!!

3/28/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok

If you are the victim, you don't need to hire a lawyer. YOu can talk to the prosecutor assigned to the case and ask him to lift the order. Tell him why you want the order lifted and let him know why you don't think you need an order and will still be safe. If the prosecutor doesn't lift the order, as a fallback position, ask if he can modify it to allow some contact so long as he doesn't harm, threaten or intimidate you in any way.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Wow. I had spoke to them and they told me to wait! SMH Now they are trying to put charges against him. Am so angry. Well thanks.

If you can't get cooperation from the prosecutor's office, approach the defense attorney. Let him or her know you've been trying to get the order lifted but the prosecutor won't agree to drop it. He can alert the judge that you're not interested in going forward and the judge can put pressure on the prosecutor to come up with a favorable way of resolving the problem

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok this may be the way to go. But the way this state is on domestic violence they are tough. Thanks for the answer.

Keep in mind that the prosecutor needs your cooperation to win the case. If you're not interested, the prosecutor has a problem with the case So usually once the defense attorney lets the judge know that you really don't want to go forward, something favorable can be worked out, unless there are very serious injuries.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney