I ordered some wheels online and after waiting a week i

Hi, i ordered some...

Hi, i ordered some wheels online and after waiting a week i finally get them. The wheels do not fit on my car, the company is saying i cannot return the wheels unless i pay 20% of the cost of the wheels. This is ridiculous

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I live in Massachusetts but i ordered the wheels from California. And no

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have contacted them and told them how dissapointed i am in thier services and that charging me to return nonconforming goods is unacceptable. They said they can send me some accessories that will modify the wheels to fit, but i do not want that. I want wheels that fit as supposed to. They just keep saying i have to pay 20% to send them back plus shipping fees

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I should have done my homework before purchasing from this company, i read the reviews online and they have over 100 negative reviews. I don't know how companies get away with this.

3/28/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Hi, thanks for your assistance in advance.

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

This appears to be a classic breach of contract because they failed to give you wheels that fit your vehicle although they made promises that they would. They cannot ask for a 20% return as a result. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. This applies even when there was no written agreement, but just an oral agreement between the parties. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started. What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Does a breach of contract letter need to be sent through mail?

you can do it through email, but I would recommend certified mail to consider delivery.

Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

I was reading the reviews for this company and there are a ton of other people with the same issue. Is it possible to start a class action suit?

Yes. But just as a heads up, you may not want to consider a lawsuit at this stage as there are often government and non-profit resources that may help. You may want to consider your state’s BBB chapter or the state Attorney General’s office. Both of those organizations are dedicated to fighting fraud by businesses and if you run through the analysis above, then they can probably provide more help. Plus, the industry that you are thinking of challenging here may be governed by specific rules in your state and it could trigger a broader investigation by the government as well.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Okay thanks, ***** ***** been very helpful.