Approximately three years ago I joined Total Solutions, a…

Approximately three years ago I...
Approximately three years ago I joined Total Solutions, a fitness club. I signed a contract to pay $80 a month until my membership expired. They did not tell me that there was a clause that indicated that they would continue charging this fee after the contract ended. I thought that they would notify me when it was up, but they didn’t. I found out that my contact ended in March 2017 and I have been on this monthly billing. What are my rights to get any or all of this money back. I was just charged two days ago this fee. Am I legally able to get them to refund this amount?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Lori
Lori, Attorney

H​ello. Let me see if I can assist. Give me a moment to review and type my reply.

If the contract contains a provision that the contract goes month to month after expiration and the contract does not require them to provide notice, there is not much you can do legally. However, you can dispute the charges on your credit card. You can also post a bad rating on social media, including yelp. Hopefully, they will respond to the bad posting and work with you.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.

Lori
Lori, Attorney
Thank you. This is helpful.