Mr. Ray, Now that I am a little more educated thanks to you…

Mr. Ray, Good Evening,, Now that...
Mr. Ray,
Good Evening,, Now that I am a little more educated thanks to you I have a list of questions below that I need help with and don’t mind paying whatever is NECESSARY , BUT CAN you review the conversation we had the other day so that the below questions make sense and can be able to respond properly..
I need more clarification on my husband’s SOLE ownership and his ability to own the Motor Home we travel in and live in full time-My question is if he filed about a year ago here in Florida a STATURY DESIGNATION AND DECLARATION OF HOMESTEAD as well as a DECLARATION OF DOMICILE with the clerk of court’s office in the county we NOW live in for NOW—regardless of any debits he has? Is the motor home protected since its SOLEY in his name NOT MINE and if it is protected what can I tell him why??We should have about a 8-10 year old LOUISANA PRE NUP filed with the clerk’s office where we lived at that time-do I need to file it here as well?I don’t seem to be able to put my hands on a stamped copy with the clerk’s office will that cause ANY problems?
If that’s not the case and we can’t find the STAMPPED copy and just a copy that I have here SIGNED AND WITNESSED in Louisiana what do you suggest we do one for here or based on what you now know is it even NECESSARY to have a pre-nup here IN FLORDIA?With regards ***** ***** AMEX SUIT since they have to refile for their next step would they not have to file it in the COUNTY where I currently reside since we live and or travel in my husband’s RV even though the address they must have gotten from my driver license which is a TRAVEL RV MAIL CENTER and we CURRENTLY OVER 5 hours away from there, one way?
If the above is TRUE should I still travel 5 hours one way to that county to avoid having my wages GARNISHED there or will they have to do that refiling HERE in this county where I can easily travel to the court house?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
That's fine....THANKS!!
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
That's fine....THANKS!!!

Florida has unlimited homestead law.Any homestead of either of you is protected from creditors.He designated it and they cannot touch it.

Reference

In asset protection planning the Florida homestead exemption protects a Florida resident's primary home from levy and execution by their judgment creditors. ... To qualify for homestead protection in Florida, a debtor must be a permanent Florida resident, and the homestead property must be his primary place of residence.Sep 30, 2015

Florida Homestead Exemption - Alper Law

https://www.alperlaw.com/asset-protection/florida-asset.../homestead-exemption/

With regards ***** ***** AMEX SUIT since they have to refile for their next step would they not have to file it in the COUNTY where I currently reside since we live and or travel in my husband’s RV even though the address they must have gotten from my driver license which is a TRAVEL RV MAIL CENTER and we CURRENTLY OVER 5 hours away from there, one way?

You should give them current address and you would have to challenge this judgment suit here claiming you don't live there any more no jurisdiction.

You do not have to file the prenuptial agreement here in Florida.

Thanks again let me know if you have more, I will be eating lunch for an hour or so but will respond when I return.Thanks

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I don't have to file the head of household in that county 5 hours away with respect to the AMEX suit? Who should I give my current address to as I don't want to reveal it for personal reasons, but I Don't want to take a chance on them attempting them to GARNISH my wages and loose my job?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I don't have to file the head of household in that county 5 hours away with respect to the AMEX suit? Who should I give my current address to as I don't want to reveal it for personal reasons, but I Don't want to take a chance on them attempting them to GARNISH my wages and loose my job? I have to go run an errand and will review when I get back-so enjoy your lunch..
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I don't have to file the head of household in that county 5 hours away with respect to the AMEX suit? Who should I give my current address to as I don't want to reveal it for personal reasons, but I Don't want to take a chance on them attempting them to GARNISH my wages and loose my job? I have to go run an errand and will review when I get back-so enjoy your lunch...

You will need to file the head of household where you were sued and they got judgment.You don't have to tell them your new address but they will keep using the old one they have on file.It may delay you getting notices, etc.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I want to apologize about not getting back to you sooner but I was at the dentist office and I was not able to send you messages on my cell phone while I was there which is something I planned on doing because I knew I would have to wait for a long period time.OK, if I have to travel 12 hours round-trip do you know if it could be done by mail as opposed to me having to commute all the way over there to file what I need to prevent a wage garnishment.You said we don’t need to file our prenup in Florida, is there a reason that we would not file it in Florida?OK, let’s see if I understand everything you have told me and what all I need to do.First sense my husband filed those 2 documents he is protected from any creditors or anybody coming after the motorhome because Florida homestead law and the two documents that he filed with the clerk of courts office makes him exempt from anything happening to the motorhome also it is my understanding that applies in Florida because Florida take to care of homeowners more than just about any other state?Also if I understand correctly because he paid cash for the motorhome and has a protected with those two documents nobody can touch it or file a lien or judgement or judgment against it and anyway correct?I think I’m going to continue to use that long distance address until if and or I get served again which you said CAN be done by mail In Florida so if I use that address worst case scenario I would have to travel back there again to file paperwork and at that point I would probably change to a more local address so I don’t have to make multiple trips as of now it’s been almost 2 years and nobody but American Express has done anything. Does that sound like a valid option?So basically to sum it all up the way my husband handle the motorhome we are protected with a roof over our head and I am protected from garnishment because of head of household and the way Florida laws are?So, the long and short of it is we are about as protected as we can get In Florida correct?Is there anything else you can think of that we need to do?If I repeated myself a couple times that is because I am truly trying to understand Florida laws and how they would protect us. Is that a fair statement?Can I continue to use you in the future if and when the need arises?I understand that because I qualify for head of household here in Florida that I can stop a wage garnishment by filing the proper paperwork correct?I am not as generous with Tips as my husband is so do you think 30% Or so tip is fair??
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I want to apologize about not getting back to you sooner but I was at the dentist office and I was not able to send you messages on my cell phone while I was there which is something I planned on doing because I knew I would have to wait for a long period time. Infact I am trying to send messages to you via my computer but it appears to NOT be going thru and I just e-mailed you company to see why messages are NOT going thru//OK, if I have to travel 12 hours round-trip do you know if it could be done by mail as opposed to me having to commute all the way over there to file what I need to prevent a wage garnishment.You said we don’t need to file our prenup in Florida, is there a reason that we would not file it in Florida?OK, let’s see if I understand everything you have told me and what all I need to do.First sense my husband filed those 2 documents he is protected from any creditors or anybody coming after the motorhome because Florida homestead law and the two documents that he filed with the clerk of courts office makes him exempt from anything happening to the motorhome also it is my understanding that applies in Florida because Florida take to care of homeowners more than just about any other state?Also if I understand correctly because he paid cash for the motorhome and has a protected with those two documents nobody can touch it or file a lien or judgement or judgment against it and anyway correct?I think I’m going to continue to use that long distance address until if and or I get served again which you said CAN be done by mail In Florida so if I use that address worst case scenario I would have to travel back there again to file paperwork and at that point I would probably change to a more local address so I don’t have to make multiple trips as of now it’s been almost 2 years and nobody but American Express has done anything. Does that sound like a valid option?So basically to sum it all up the way my husband handle the motorhome we are protected with a roof over our head and I am protected from garnishment because of head of household and the way Florida laws are?So, the long and short of it is we are about as protected as we can get In Florida correct?Is there anything else you can think of that we need to do?If I repeated myself a couple times that is because I am truly trying to understand Florida laws and how they would protect us. Is that a fair statement?Can I continue to use you in the future if and when the need arises?I understand that because I qualify for head of household here in Florida that I can stop a wage garnishment by filing the proper paperwork correct?I am not as generous with Tips as my husband is so do you think 30% Or so tip is fair??

First sense my husband filed those 2 documents he is protected from any creditors or anybody coming after the motorhome because Florida homestead law and the two documents that he filed with the clerk of courts office makes him exempt from anything happening to the motorhome also it is my understanding that applies in Florida because Florida take to care of homeowners more than just about any other state?

Yes thats correct.

Also if I understand correctly because he paid cash for the motorhome and has a protected with those two documents nobody can touch it or file a lien or judgement or judgment against it and anyway correct?

Correct..

I think I’m going to continue to use that long distance address until if and or I get served again which you said CAN be done by mail In Florida so if I use that address worst case scenario I would have to travel back there again to file paperwork and at that point I would probably change to a more local address so I don’t have to make multiple trips as of now it’s been almost 2 years and nobody but American Express has done anything. Does that sound like a valid option?

So basically to sum it all up the way my husband handle the motorhome we are protected with a roof over our head and I am protected from garnishment because of head of household and the way Florida laws are?

So, the long and short of it is we are about as protected as we can get In Florida correct?

Is there anything else you can think of that we need to do?

If I repeated myself a couple times that is because I am truly trying to understand Florida laws and how they would protect us. Is that a fair statement?

Can I continue to use you in the future if and when the need arises?

I understand that because I qualify for head of household here in Florida that I can stop a wage garnishment by filing the proper paperwork correct?

I am not as generous with Tips as my husband is so do you think 30% Or so tip is fair?? 28

Yes that correct here, your call on the address.

Florida is a great debtor state and you have done all you can do here to protect yourself.

Thanks for rating 5 stars and any tip is much appreciated.

If you have more questions start them with for Ray only and I will be happy to respond.Have a great evening.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Sounds good and thanks for all your help and can you e-mail me a copy of this for my records at***@******.***OK, if I have to travel 12 hours round-trip do you know if it could be done by mail as opposed to me having to commute all the way over there to file what I need to prevent a wage garnishment.You said we don’t need to file our prenup in Florida, is there a reason that we would not file it in Florida?OK, let’s see if I understand everything you have told me and what all I need to do.First sense my husband filed those 2 documents he is protected from any creditors or anybody coming after the motorhome because Florida homestead law and the two documents that he filed with the clerk of courts office makes him exempt from anything happening to the motorhome also it is my understanding that applies in Florida because Florida take to care of homeowners more than just about any other state?Also if I understand correctly because he paid cash for the motorhome and has a protected with those two documents nobody can touch it or file a lien or judgement or judgment against it and anyway correct?I think I’m going to continue to use that long distance address until if and or I get served again which you said CAN be done by mail In Florida so if I use that address worst case scenario I would have to travel back there again to file paperwork and at that point I would probably change to a more local address so I don’t have to make multiple trips as of now it’s been almost 2 years and nobody but American Express has done anything. Does that sound like a valid option?So basically to sum it all up the way my husband handle the motorhome we are protected with a roof over our head and I am protected from garnishment because of head of household and the way Florida laws are?So, the long and short of it is we are about as protected as we can get In Florida correct?Is there anything else you can think of that we need to do?If I repeated myself a couple times that is because I am truly trying to understand Florida laws and how they would protect us. Is that a fair statement?Can I continue to use you in the future if and when the need arises?I understand that because I qualify for head of household here in Florida that I can stop a wage garnishment by filing the proper paperwork correct?I am not as generous with Tips as my husband is so do you think 30% Or so tip is fair??

You can mail it here and save trip.You wouldn't file prenup unless you were wanting to divorce.

I emailed you our chat thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.Have a good evening.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Sounds good and thanks for all your help and can you e-mail me a copy of this for my records at***@******.***OK, if I have to travel 12 hours round-trip do you know if it could be done by mail as opposed to me having to commute all the way over there to file what I need to prevent a wage garnishment.You said we don’t need to file our prenup in Florida, is there a reason that we would not file it in Florida?OK, let’s see if I understand everything you have told me and what all I need to do.First sense my husband filed those 2 documents he is protected from any creditors or anybody coming after the motorhome because Florida homestead law and the two documents that he filed with the clerk of courts office makes him exempt from anything happening to the motorhome also it is my understanding that applies in Florida because Florida take to care of homeowners more than just about any other state?Also if I understand correctly because he paid cash for the motorhome and has a protected with those two documents nobody can touch it or file a lien or judgement or judgment against it and anyway correct?I think I’m going to continue to use that long distance address until if and or I get served again which you said CAN be done by mail In Florida so if I use that address worst case scenario I would have to travel back there again to file paperwork and at that point I would probably change to a more local address so I don’t have to make multiple trips as of now it’s been almost 2 years and nobody but American Express has done anything. Does that sound like a valid option?So basically to sum it all up the way my husband handle the motorhome we are protected with a roof over our head and I am protected from garnishment because of head of household and the way Florida laws are?So, the long and short of it is we are about as protected as we can get In Florida correct?Is there anything else you can think of that we need to do?If I repeated myself a couple times that is because I am truly trying to understand Florida laws and how they would protect us. Is that a fair statement?Can I continue to use you in the future if and when the need arises?I understand that because I qualify for head of household here in Florida that I can stop a wage garnishment by filing the proper paperwork correct?I am not as generous with Tips as my husband is so do you think 30% Or so tip is fair???

You can do this by mail.I sent you a copy of our chat to your email.Save yourself a drive.I would mail tow copies so they mail you one stamped one back for your files just in case.

You would not file the prenup unless you divorce here.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Some of this may be duplicated so if you can review and advise...Sounds good and thanks for all your help and can you e-mail me a copy of this for my records at***@******.***OK, if I have to travel 12 hours round-trip do you know if it could be done by mail as opposed to me having to commute all the way over there to file what I need to prevent a wage garnishment.You said we don’t need to file our prenup in Florida, is there a reason that we would not file it in Florida?OK, let’s see if I understand everything you have told me and what all I need to do.First sense my husband filed those 2 documents he is protected from any creditors or anybody coming after the motorhome because Florida homestead law and the two documents that he filed with the clerk of courts office makes him exempt from anything happening to the motorhome also it is my understanding that applies in Florida because Florida take to care of homeowners more than just about any other state?Also if I understand correctly because he paid cash for the motorhome and has a protected with those two documents nobody can touch it or file a lien or judgement or judgment against it and anyway correct?I think I’m going to continue to use that long distance address until if and or I get served again which you said CAN be done by mail In Florida so if I use that address worst case scenario I would have to travel back there again to file paperwork and at that point I would probably change to a more local address so I don’t have to make multiple trips as of now it’s been almost 2 years and nobody but American Express has done anything. Does that sound like a valid option?So basically to sum it all up the way my husband handle the motorhome we are protected with a roof over our head and I am protected from garnishment because of head of household and the way Florida laws are?So, the long and short of it is we are about as protected as we can get In Florida correct?Is there anything else you can think of that we need to do?If I repeated myself a couple times that is because I am truly trying to understand Florida laws and how they would protect us. Is that a fair statement?Can I continue to use you in the future if and when the need arises?I understand that because I qualify for head of household here in Florida that I can stop a wage garnishment by filing the proper paperwork correct?I am not as generous with Tips as my husband is so do you think 30% Or so tip is fair???

OK, if I have to travel 12 hours round-trip do you know if it could be done by mail as opposed to me having to commute all the way over there to file what I need to prevent a wage garnishment.

it can be done by mail to clerk.

You are protected here in Florida as you can be here.You have done everything you need to here once you file head of household.30% is more than fair.Thanks again.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
OK, let’s see if I understand everything you have told me and what all I need to do.First sense my husband filed those 2 documents he is protected from any creditors or anybody coming after the motorhome because Florida homestead law and the two documents that he filed with the clerk of courts office makes him exempt from anything happening to the motorhome also it is my understanding that applies in Florida because Florida take to care of homeowners more than just about any other state?Also if I understand correctly because he paid cash for the motorhome and has a protected with those two documents nobody can touch it or file a lien or judgement or judgment against it and anyway correct?I think I’m going to continue to use that long distance address until if and or I get served again which you said CAN be done by mail In Florida so if I use that address worst case scenario I would have to travel back there again to file paperwork and at that point I would probably change to a more local address so I don’t have to make multiple trips as of now it’s been almost 2 years and nobody but American Express has done anything. Does that sound like a valid option?So basically to sum it all up the way my husband handle the motorhome we are protected with a roof over our head and I am protected from garnishment because of head of household and the way Florida laws are?So, the long and short of it is we are about as protected as we can get In Florida correct?Is there anything else you can think of that we need to do?Sounds good and thanks for all your help and can you e-mail me a NEW copy of this entire conversation for my records at***@******.*** ONCE WE FINISH THIS LAST ROUND OF QUESTIONS??If I repeated myself a couple times that is because I am truly trying to understand Florida laws and how they would protect us. Is that a fair statement?Can I continue to use you in the future if and when the need arises?I understand that because I qualify for head of household here in Florida that I can stop a wage garnishment by filing the proper paperwork correct?

Yes Florida is probably the best state to be a debtor.

You are protected here after you file head of household.They cannot garnish and cannot touch the rv.You have done the best you can here.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I think I’m going to continue to use that long distance address until if and or I get served again which you said CAN be done by mail In Florida so if I use that address worst case scenario I would have to travel back there again to file paperwork and at that point I would probably change to a more local address so I don’t have to make multiple trips as of now it’s been almost 2 years and nobody but American Express has done anything. Does that sound like a valid option?So, the long and short of it is we are about as protected as we can get In Florida correct?Is there anything else you can think of that we need to do?Sounds good and thanks for all your help and can you e-mail me a NEW copy of this entire conversation for my records at***@******.*** ONCE WE FINISH THIS LAST ROUND OF QUESTIONS??I understand that because I qualify for head of household here in Florida that I can stop a wage garnishment by filing the proper paperwork correct?

Yes it is.

Thats correct.

No this takes care of it here.

Sounds good and thanks for all your help and can you e-mail me a NEW copy of this entire conversation for my records at***@******.*** ONCE WE FINISH THIS LAST ROUND OF QUESTIONS??

I understand that because I qualify for head of household here in Florida that I can stop a wage garnishment by filing the proper paperwork correct?Thats correct file the head of household and you should be fine.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Sounds good and thanks for all your help and can you NOW e-mail me a NEW copy of this entire conversation for my records at***@******.*** Due to the double of some questions and as HARD as you worked on this my husband said we will due 40% tip. Please don't forget to send me a the NEW UPDATED transcript including the last few questions....THANKS AGAIN AND NOW WE CAN SLEEP A LITTLE BETTER......

Will do, thanks

Ray, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
He changed his mind and will do 50% hope that;s better for ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!!!!
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
He changed his mind and will do 50% hope that;s better for ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!!!! But it wont let me go back to the payment screen?

You can just accept here,thanks

Thanks so much and the best to you with all of this.Talk to you again soon.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
American Express mailed me a Notice of Service request for admissions, interrogatories, and production request in aid of execution for individuals. What will happen if I don’t answer the American Express interrogatories? I have already mailed the head of household exemption forms to the atty and clerk of courts.
They are asking for documentation proving I am head of household. What is it they are looking for, and what can I send them if anything proving that fact.
The interrogatories ask for all bank records in which I was a signer now and for the past 3 years. Are they asking for bank records which I now have and have had for the last 3 years or those that I don’t necessarily have now but may have had over the last 3 years as well as those I have now.The debt was incurred while living in LA. We have a LA prenupt from there. Can they take my husbands assets which are solely in his name?
They are asking for copies of deposit slips and cancelled checks for the last 3 years. I don’t have those available to me unless they are shown on the bank statements. What can they do if I do not supply those documents, it will cost a small fortune to have those doc’s reproduced at the banks.
I have a criminal suit going on against me in LA for contractor fraud. I did not do anything wrong and my ex-business partner has already plead guilty to the charge and was ordered to make restitution of 45,000.00. ., which they tried before and did not have enough evidence against me and subsequently dropped the case in Nov of 2017. but since he has not been making payments they now want to come after me. Can LA. Come after mine or my husband’s assets here, whether or not we have a LA prenupt or does the same rules apply with us now being Florida residents?
If obtained can a LA criminal judgment of restitution pierce the head of household exemption in FLA. If so to what degree.
They are asking for proof of the last 3 years of expenses. How can I possibly do that? I have never kept any receipts or if I had any they were lost in the flood in LA in Aug of 2016.

I would mail them some answers even if they say unknown, unsure, etc.They can try to sanction you like lawyer fees, etc for not answering them.Send them something short and vague.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I sent something with a few questions , did that go thru?

Yes I responded to it there, see my other answer with forms.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I am not very good on computers and i did not get a response to those questions i get a text that says an answer is ready but somehow there NOT going thru?
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Let me re-send my list of questions if you would kindly respond on each one, so I know EXACTLY do...08 April 2018 12:04
American Express mailed me a Notice of Service request for admissions, interrogatories, and production request in aid of execution for individuals. What will happen if I don’t answer the American Express interrogatories? I have already mailed the head of household exemption forms to the atty and clerk of courts.They are asking for documentation proving I am head of household. What is it they are looking for, and what can I send them if anything proving that fact.

You only have to produce records in your possession.
If you don't have them tell them that.

The debt was incurred while living in LA. We have a LA prenupt from there. Can they take my husbands assets which are solely in his name?

No but they can ask about it.

Can LA. Come after mine or my husband’s assets here, whether or not we have a LA prenupt or does the same rules apply with us now being Florida residents?

No they cannot.Understand they can ask about pretty much anything, scope of discovery is really broad, but it would not really be relevant to collection here.They send you this discovery hoping you don't respond and they get judge to hold you in contempt and pick you up and keep you in jail a few days.

I used to be a debt collector. Answer them the best you can.If you don't have the records tell them that.Its a valid answer.

Provide only what you have,Defendant suffered a flood on ... and these are the only records of those requested that defendant has in their possession.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Ok, thanks on the AMEX Interrogatories they asked me to prove head of household, how would I go about doing that?
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Ok, thanks on the AMEX Interrogatories they asked me to prove head of household, how would I go about doing that? What are they looking for?
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Ok, thanks on the AMEX Interrogatories they asked me to prove head of household, how would I go about doing that? What are they looking for?.

Reference your filing with the courts.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
OK Sir, I understand pretty good now...

Have a great day.Talk to you again soon.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
OK Sir, I understand pretty good now...IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I MAY NEED TO BE AWARE OF.....LAST QUESTION CAN I SEND AMEX THE DOCUMENTS THAT THEY ARE ASKING FOR - CAN I SEND THEM ON A CD OR AS SUPPOSE TO TO SAVE FROM WASTING TONS OF PAPER?

You can send them on a CD if you choose.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
ok thanks you are awesome...

Bye noe.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
ok thanks you are awesome...I do not see where I can leave a 5 star rating and I don't see where I can leave a tip. The only thing they are offering is to write a review??

You already rated here, thanks

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I do not see where I can leave a 5 star rating and I don't see where I can leave a tip. The only thing they are offering is to write a review??

You already rated here , we are good,thanks

Ray, Lawyer