Person loan 3000doller amount his personal use I have the…

Customer Question
Person loan 3000doller amount...

Person loan 3000doller amount his personal use I have the copy of document how do I recover that amount.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Charleston wv

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing really he keep on saying I pay you always make excuses almost 2 years now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How to recover that amount by any how and what is the cost of lawyer to recover that amount.

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I am willing to pay that amount but really can recover.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I am ready.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. You can pursue this via small claims court without a lawyer. You can get the applicable forms at this link: http://www.courtswv.gov/lower-courts/magistrate-forms/index-magistrate-forms.html

Since he won't pay you voluntarily, you will want to file this suit referenced above. Filing the suit give you the collection options and leverage you need to collect the debt owed you. That's because once the suit is filed and a judgment awarded, you become a judgment creditor, and if he doesn’t then pay the judgment, you can have the sheriff serve a summons on him for a debtor examination. That forces him to meet you in court again and answer questions under oath about his assets. After that information is obtained, you have the power to garnish wages, attach bank accounts, have the sheriff seize other personal property, and/or place liens on any non-homestead property he owns to satisfy the judgment.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you!

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!