My job accused me of stealing money orders, and ask that I…

Customer Question
Hello. My job accused...

Hello. My job accused me of stealing money orders , and ask that I return the money orders but I do not have the money orders . What is the legal action they can put against me ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing so far besides just talking to them everything just happened

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The money orders I did takw

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Legal
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 26 days ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. The company has either/both of these options:

1) File a criminal complaint; if this happens, the authorities will investigate and may charge you if they feel that there is evidence that the event did happen; and/or

2) They can sue you in civil court for conversion and unjust enrichment, asking the Court for a judgment in the amount of the money orders they claim you stole.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law