I live in Worcester County MD. I am a tattooer 22 years, I…

Customer Question
I live in Worcester...

I live in Worcester County MD. I am a tattooer 22 years, I cannot tattoo in Worcester County. I work in Sussex DE because of our county and Ocean City MD's laws and want to ride my bike to work, Its extremely dangerous. I started a non profit Eastern Shore IMBA to make places to ride that are safe. It was necessary to acquire a trailer to ride bikes. I live in an HOA community that does not allow box trailers but does allow RV's and Boats. I am in violation of a rule I would like to amend. This causes me a hard ship and the non profit club an expense. I am on our states bicycle pedestrian advisory committee to pursue bicycle safety. They advised me to have our county start a bicycle pedestrian advisory board but my efforts have been sucomanvigated into starting a business to prove that bicycle tourism would benefit our community. Sorry this is a loaded statement but I am very frustrated trying to live my life and I saw your logo on one of the kids marching 50 miles and thought I would reach out for advice.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I moved my trailer. I am on Ocean Pines Parks and Recs advisory board and at the next meeting I will have a board member to speak with.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Like what

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Legal
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 29 days ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. So in other words, you want to change the HOA rules, correct? And do these rules come from CC&Rs or bylaws? Or, not sure?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I believe its in the bylaws. I know so many people that this effects, mostly blue collar guys. I didn't care before but my neighbor donated a 14 ft. trailer to my bicycle club, dream come true. Now its a nightmare, I got a letter a while back, Itryed to explain my situation to permits dept. I just received another violation letter with in a week. I want to do something. I have a place for 60 days from a friend to park the trailer but now I need to work on it at my house to accommodate the bicycles tools etc. and I can't because its not there.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
sorry, I aint got $59 more ,
this just looks like another racket , good luck

As I had stated earlier: (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I would have been happy to help, but if you want to cancel the question, I understand. You can go to www.justanswer.com/help to do so. All the best.

Tina, Lawyer