Debt collection service which has taken over an unsecured…

Debt collection service which...

Debt collection service which has taken over an unsecured loan....after making payments over 60 days to take care "past due" from the original creditor, the CSR for "National Service Bureau" calls and makes veiled threats, interrupts, and hangs up on me. This revolves around his statement that I have a "payment arrangement"...which I have not agreed to, and do not have in writing. I made my last payment 2/28, and he called today stating "OK, we know where you work, I'm filing that you are non cooperative" and hung up on me after I stated I would make a payment by 4/13 but need a formal payment arrangement.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I sent an email to their general contact address, stating what I have told you. The initial approximately $2k that was past due, I paid according to their wishes, and have stated several times that at the end of March, I would discuss a payment arrangement. both times I have mentioned, including today, he gets nasty, saying, I'm uncooperrative, and hangs up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I guess that's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
His threat was he would inform the creditor I'm uncooperative,and they would make the full amount due immediately . I talked with a manager with the original creditor yesterday, who looked up the paymens made to the 3d party thus far, and said he didn't see anyway that could be viewed as unacceptable, and speculated it was just the 3rd parties "tactics" to create a sense of urgency. The 3rd party maintains I would be more than 30 days without making a payment. My stance is I haven't agreed to, nor do I have, a written payment arrangement, so I don't see how that could happen.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Is this clear? My question is, can they threaten me with a demand for full payment of the amount when I have yet to agree to or receive a formal written payment arrangement?
The creditor or his agent are not required to do a payment plan however as a practical matter they will consent to a payment plan since a court would mediate that anyway and they cannot collect as they wish.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Would you find it unlikely they would choose to go to court when the account has only been in their hands for 90 days and I have paid as requested to this point? And again, that was to satisfy the "past due" showing from the original creditor. I'm just curious if this is normal...to threaten garnishment, etc, when there hasn't been a payment plan agreed to.
Unlikely and bad faith.
The threat is a collector effort to collect fast and earn commission
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
acceptable
INFOLAWYER, Attorney