I just checked CCAP and seen there's a small claims court…

I just checked CCAP...

I just checked CCAP and seen there's a small claims court date on April 19th for a credit card when I was trying to make payments/settlement. I havent been served I want to know what are my rights when I go to court to avoid a judgment?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have been contact with the law firm since Feb. I sent in my income I was told because I am married (and not legally seperated) i needed to list my husband's income as debt as well which I did. I was waiting on a payment arraingment to be made. I even asked for a settlement for this claim however, I was told today that Im being sued as of 3/15/2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that I can think of at this moment

3/28/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
When you go to court the judge will mediate a settlement without a judgment. Often the balance is cut and a payment plan agreed to
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thank you do I have to suggest a settlement or does the judge will offer this?
No
You can raise it. Court will as well
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksPlease select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thank you very much have a good day
Very welcome.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Acceptable
Thanks.