I am a nurse who works with clinical reimbursement. In

I am a nurse...

I am a nurse who works with clinical reimbursement. In November I documented a letter to my bosses regarding an illegal practice that a facility I was assisting within the company concerned me and that I wanted to meet regarding my concerns. The meeting did not address any of my concerns and I was given a schedule of which days I would be in each facility. Since that meeting I have felt intimidated and bullied by my corporate boss. I missed a day of work due to the most recent blizzard we had and when I returned to complete some work my materials and documents had been hijacked out of my office. Nobody would return my calls until the following day when I was informed that I was being suspended for no call, no show and failure to adhere to the schedule discussed. I was given no time frame of how long I would be suspended. It has been 10 days now and corporate and my boss state they are in process of an investigation. They will not give me any info of what investigation and continue to ignore my requests. Do I have rights during this suspension time?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this scheduling issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I spoke with HR who stated they were working with my boss, but would not give me any info. I was promised an update yesterday but received nothing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

3/28/2018
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

This sounds like retaliation. Did you mention to HR that you believe you are being retaliated against?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I documented in a text to my boss that I had been feeling that since I met with my other 2 bosses in November. I am not sure who I am suppose to trust. I don't know what agenda HR is at. They did not contact me. They were involved without my knowledge until I contacted them this week.

Okay. Hold, please. Responding...

You certainly want to document and keep track of your communications if you have to end up filing a complaint about retaliation. Medical providers can be charged with allegations of retaliation or discrimination by employees who have blown the whistle on false claims activity or complained of other improper conduct.

There are three basic elements to a retaliation lawsuit: The employee engages in a legally protected activity, the employee suffers an adverse employment action and there is a causal link between the two.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I just received an email from HR stating she expects to hear an answer shortly. ??? Don't know what that means, but thankyou for your knowledge.

Okay. Hope it turns out good.

You are welcome.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney