As you can see, I cannot sleep. Georgia i purchased carpet…

As you can see...

As you can see, I cannot sleep.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia i purchased carpet and padding. They installed it but I wasent happy with it. It turns out that the wrong padding was installed . They agreed to come back and put a better padding in. In the meantime I realized the carpet did not seem like the Quality I first saw when the rep came out.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I later find out that this company has serious inflated pricing in comparison to other companies. I then told them that I am not accepting this purchase and to come get their carpet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I put a freeze on my credit card. neither parties ever signed a contract

3/28/2018
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Are you over the age of 60 or disabled?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
over 60

Thank you. Usually when a phone call request doesn't go through, it means your credit card wants to be sure you authorized the payment. Submitting multiple requests can trigger a fraud alert, so you may want to contact your credit card company.

Meanwhile, I'm typing your answer now.

The default rule in the law is that a sale is final when it's made. A contract can be oral or verbal, so when you offer to buy something and they accept that request, that makes a contract. No signed writing is needed. So, ordinarily, a person who buys carpet would have no right to return it or get a refund. This is true even if you found out later that you overpaid, because it's up to the consumer to do their own comparison shopping before making a decision.

However, there are specific laws that prohibit financial exploitation of the elderly and disabled. When a company takes advantage of a customer's age to pressure them into buying an inferior product or overpaying, that is actionable.

Putting a freeze on your credit card doesn't necessarily end the dispute, because you can't force them to take the carpet back, and they could sue for the cost. However, you can let them know that unless they undo the deal, you'll report them for a violation of Code of Georgia, Section 30-5-8.

The way to report them is to contact the Consumer Protection Division of the Governor's Office. They can investigate this company's business practices to see if they have a history of doing this type of thing. If the company doesn't want that sort of scrutiny, you may be able to reach some sort of agreement.

http://consumer.georgia.gov/consumer-services/filing-a-complaint

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Well Lucy, I wasent making wise decisions that's for sure. I had a flood back in August and this was the last thing that needed to be done . The contractors were hurrying me so that they could finish the job. I made a terrible mistake, and now I have to pay for it.

If they put undo pressure on you because they thought they could pass off an inferior product at a high price, that's not your fault. That's exploitation.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Lucy, they said that I chose the carpet. They offered to replace the padding that was wrong and offered to replace the carpet also but was going to cost me 600.00 more, for carpeting I could get for 600 less with better quality.
I believe I'm stuck with it.
Thank you so much Lucy for all your help.
I'm too tired to keep fighting with this company

You're welcome. I'm sorry.

Filing a Complaint with the governor's office may make you feel better. That can help avoid a situation where this happens to someone else. They do need to replace the padding so you're getting what you paid for, or refund you the difference in value (unless you wind up getting a full refund from the credit card company).

Please rate my service positively, as this is the only way that I get paid for the time spent answering your questions. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you Lucy!!

You're welcome. I hope you can get some sleep.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Lucy, not sure where to rate you

It looks like you found it. Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
55357;�I appreciate your help

I'm glad I could help. Have a good day.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney