I have been staying at a hotel in Santa Fe. First of all I…

Customer Question
I have been...

I have been staying at a hotel in Santa Fe. First of all I am disabled. I have been parking in the garage in a handicap space. It was 10 ft from the entrance. Now they are making me park 500 ft away in a out door parking lot. I use a manual wheel chair. The are making it very hard for me to be here.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nm

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Talk to local reporter

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Legal
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 24 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

Do you have handicap plate or Placard?

If so, why is the hotel not allowing you to park in the handicap parking space?

Kindly explain a little more.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
When I first came to the hotel I was given permission to park in the garage in the handicapped space with my handicap plaque. They came to me yesterday after I got back from being in the emergency room all morning because of my disability and told me I could not longer park there and it was snowing and I would have to park outside at a lot or my vehicle would be about 500 feet to get to. Since I’ve gotten to the hotel they have been discriminated against me in various different ways because of my disability. This is just the straw that broke the camels back. There are way more details And I understand it’s hard to give a legal answer like that.
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 23 days ago

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Could you explain little more?

Is the space at the lot a handicap parking space?

Is there an extra fee to park in the garage?

What is the reason being given for this decision?

I just want to make sure that I have a clear understanding of what is going here to provide a proper answer to your question.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No there is not a fee to park in the garage I was not given a reason why. When I refused to move my vehicle I told him to tow it or move it they moved it. The properties value only but they’re not parking my vehicle valet because we had an incident where my vehicle was driven. So that’s why they offered me the space. I keep having to extend my stay at the hotel seems like I’ve overstayed my welcome. I haven’t caused any trouble I’m very quiet and to myself it’s just when we negotiated rate it was in the 200s and now the hotels at 500 and they keep telling me they lose money by me staying here. I don’t see how that could be since I’ve never been 100% occupancy what I’ve been here. Ever since I arrived at the hotel they have told me that this is in a place for family it’s not designed for family and they just have been discouraging me to stay here. That doesn’t reflect the values of the Drury family.

Thank you for the information.

You have a claim against the hotel for disability discrimination, for failure to provide you with reasonable accommodation. Click here to file complaint with U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division.

https://www.ada.gov/filing_complaint.htm

You deserve to be treated with common decency.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law