I filed a travel plan with my bank well in advance of

Customer Question
I filed a travel...

I filed a travel plan with my bank well in advance of travelling overseas. I also engaged a customer seevice rep from the bank who assured me that I would have no problems with access denials. I have had their fraud protection kick in and restrict my card on 5 separate occassions on this trip alone. Two of these occassions were at grocery stores with friends and long lines of customers waiting behind me. This created very embarrassing situations, let alone the fact that I still went without groceries and merchandise until I could go back to my hotel and spend hours on the phone with my bank to resolve the issues.Do I have a case for a civil suit or even a criminal case against my bank? I would think wrongful denial of funds constitutes theft to some degree, let alone the public humiliation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My bank a national bank with branches in nearly every staye but my account was opened in Georgia. I was in South Korea and in the Philippines when i was wronged by my bank

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have called the bank...spoken with customer service and fraud protection including 2 levels of supervision and management. I put them on notice that further instances would result in legal action...And yes I was subsequently denied access to funds after I put them on notice.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You can file civil suit against your bank for the inconvenience since you spent time letting them know about your trip and even spoke with them again after the denials and put them on notice. The bank's fraud department should have released the hold on your account after speaking to you after the denials. So, failure to do so, constitute gross negligence on the bank's part and violation of its fiduciary duty to you as a bank customer.

The civil suit would be filed at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms from the Clerk's office or online if the Court makes forms available online.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.