How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roy Hadavi Your Own Question
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1525
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roy Hadavi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently had. In california. I recently had my car fixed

This answer was rated:

Hi, I recently had
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in california
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I recently had my car fixed by an auto mechanic for a transmission issue and when I got the car back it was in bad shape. He even switched out my dashboard for a bad after market without consent. Right now, I am disputing the charge through the bank.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The total amount of the transaction was $5200

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney‑client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I have reviewed the information you have provided. What is your question?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Should I file a complaint with the small claims or wait to see the result of my bank card dispute?

Answer: You will want to proceed with a civil suit (small claims). If the bank dispute of the charge is resolved, you can always dismiss the case. If not, this will ensure that you receive your money back expeditiously.

Rating & Additional Questions:

  • Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions. Please ask me as many questions as you need. There is no additional fee.
  • If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
  • If you are dissatisfied with my response, please let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can "Opt Out" and your question can be re‑posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.
  • If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today.
  • A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I claim additional for the damages he did to my car like removing my dashboard and replacing with a bad after market part? Or can I only claim what I paid him for the transaction?

You can claim the diminished value of your car and the parts that he replaced without your permission, in addition to the amount you paid.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What is the best way to estimate these? Ask another car expert?

Yes, you will want to consult with another car expert and have their estimations documented.

Roy Hadavi and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you!

You're very welcome.

Thank you so much for the 5‑star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is:‑royhadavi/ Or, simply request ARoy [email protected] in the first line of your question.