I am being harassed and singled out by my landlord by price…

Customer Question
I am being harassed...

I am being harassed and singled out by my landlord by price gouging the electric bills. the company is

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Quanlogic control , the apartment building is Elmwood squares buffalo new york

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have taken them to small claims court in 2015 for a electric bill for $331.25 cents for one month january

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am being harassed and singled out in retaliation my lease was not renewed, I have small violation I believe they are trying to illegally evict me by gouging the electric priced,, I saw other electric bills from othe tentans that was much lower by hundds of dollar

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. The landlord is not permitted to retaliate against you for reporting a violation. You have an action against the landlord for retaliation
This link sets out the law and your rights https://law.justia.com/codes/new-york/2015/rpp/article-7/223-b/.
I can provide a link for Attorneys in your area that provide free consultations if that would be helpful.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Do you have any additional questions for me?

Hello don't understand
I wanted to see if the information I provided was helpful to you?