In Dec 2016 I wrote you for a friend of mine. That order #id…

Hi in Dec 2016 I...
Hi in Dec 2016 I wrote you for a friend of mine. That order #id is 16902284-783. Are you able to access that file?
It was regarding a car my friend purchased and turned in about 10 yrs ago
I have attached the original question and response in case you cant access it. She just recently sent in the letter that was suggested asking for information on the amount owed and received a response which we attached here. What do we do next, they haven't given any info on the sale of the car and have been until now paying on this for many years. they didn't tell us the total paid or the total owed originally so how can we tell if we really owe this. previously they said I owed around 11 k and now they say 1100, I know this debt has been sold many times. I don't think i owe anything and I never received info on the sale of the car. thank you
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for requesting for my assistance once more.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Send the collector another validation of debt letter. Their notice was not responsive to the validation of debt. Click here for sample second request for validation of debt.

Whatever you or your friend does, DO NOT PAY anymore on this debt. Let the collector file lawsuit on this debt and you can file an answer telling the Court why the debt is no longer owed. The best thing to do about these debt collectors' lawsuits is showing up. Most of the time the collectors win by default because no one shows up to challenge the debt collectors/debt buyers.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law