We were playing golf, a group behind almost hit us with a…

We were playing golf...

We were playing golf, a group behind almost hit us with a ball without yelling any fore, they then yelled at us on the next hole to hurry up, we blew it off. The 1th hole the guy hit a ball a foot from me as I was near the putting green from approximately 150yrds away without yelling fire again I then realized he was a good golfer and was intentionally doing this and could have severely injured one of us. I then walked towards him aproxamately 25yrds and he did the same we met in the middle both of us telling each other how we felt on the way. I stoped 3fy from him as he was yelling and approaching I told him don’t come any closer he moved quickly to in front of my face as he asked what are you going to do punch me , instead I pushed him he fell and he and his buddies proceeded to call the police. We all wrote incident reports at the club house the manager of the coarse told us to leave after we waited an hr on the police. We left and the police called me and told me to come to the station to sign a sopina, I asked for what she said battery I said I would like to file charges of assault with a golf ball I was simply defending myself. What do you think the outcome will be and I would appreciate your advice. This event occurred in New Orleans Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the charges?

No. the event happened the 18 hole sorry for typo

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a LA lawyer about this yet?

No I will try tomorrow before I go in I feal they were going to arrest me if I went to sign a sopina

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is the chain of events it was really minor but the guys hitting balls at us acted like they had a lot of money and the guys who was hurt so he was going to swing his weight

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Any injury sustained?
He and his buddies fled to there carts and he was walking all around parking lot up and down stairs but my friend said heard him say he was going to the dr. He truly appeared fine his ego was bruised
We both approached each other I asked him to not come closer am I at fault for defending myself?
You did nothing wrong. I do not see basis for claims where there are no injuries or losses.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Is it assault that he purposely hit golf balls at us
Why is the police stating I battered him if I defended myself with reasonable force. If he claims he is injured what happens?
If intentional, yes. Hard to prove and not something a prosecutor would pursue.If inclined, A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Self defense is legitimate defense
The officer on the phone attempted to tell me it was not self defense bc he did not strike me or threaten me and he is older and I’m younger .He entered my space which I asked him not to? He seems to have some pull in the city should I be concerned or is there no need for an attorney
She told me when he stepped at me I should have backed up honestly he was in his 50s but the way he never tried to deescalate the situation and only provoke it I had no idea what his next move was when he moved towards me in my face
I agree with you. If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
They wanted me to sign a sloping at the station hrs after I feal they were attempting to arrest me should I go tomorrow and sign a sopina as well as assure the assault charges were filled? From what I read he assaulted me also when he entered my personal space after I asked him not to ?
Bare with me I’m done
I would not appear without counsel to ensure you are protected! martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thankyou
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney