I'm the person who asked if a pornsite can sue me for the…

Hello I'm the person who...
Hello I'm the person who asked if a pornsite can sue me for the reason that they can't charge my bank with the amount they have requested. I was not the person who suspended or cancelled the transaction, it was the bank and paypal. Can they still file a lawsuit against me?
3/28/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

I answered that question in the previous thread:

Yes, they can still send it to collections since I would imagine that you consented to your bank/paypal suspending payment (and even if you didn't consent, the fact that they didn't get payment means they can bill/try to collect from the person on the account).

And, yes, they can still sue - but depending upon the amount they may decide it's not worth it... since litigation itself costs money!

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
I think it's about 120$ and I was insisting to make a payment with my paypal account but the website was asking for some personal informations and was asking for my photo as well to be sent via email...which made me nervous.

$120?! They'd spend more to FILE the lawsuit :)

And no website should be asking for your photo with payment. That's plain creepy... which makes me wonder if it's a scam. And if it's a scam they're not going to sue b/c they don't want to call attention to themselves.

Does that make sense? :)

that's a big relief...I just ignored their request of my photos and other informations because I was really nervous and I think they are just ripping me off. Do you think, I should just ignore them if they threaten me? Can I file a lawsuit for that as well if they threaten me for that $120. It sucks, I couldn't sleep. I have been awake for 3 days because of that. Do you think I'll be fine and should not worry?

Just like they will spend more than $120 on filing this lawsuit.. so would you.

I think that any website that asks for your photo with payment is a scam and I personally am not a fan of giving scammers money :)

Ok, thanks so much for the response. have a great day. I really appreciate your responses. Thanks a lot. Have a great day.