I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY A LADY IN MINDANAO AND. MANILA WE WER…

Customer Question
I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED...

I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY A LADY IN MINDANAO AND . MANILA WE WER TO GET MARRIED AND I SENT HER MONEY FOR THAT REASON , I EVEN WENT TO VISIT HER IN MANILA 8 MONTHS AGO. HER NAME IS***** AND HER WHOLE FAMILY WAS IN ON THE SCAM ,IS THERE ANY WAY THEY CAN GET THEM FOR FRAUD

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NORTH CAROLINA U.S.A.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

THIS IS THE FIRST STEP.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

WELL I HAVE THE ADDRESS WHERE SHE LIVED IN CAGYAN de ORO CITY.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/28/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”