Have you heard of a scam called first night tours. I have…

Customer Question
Have you heard of...

Have you heard of a scam called first night tours

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I have received a ticket stating I have won $200.000 in a raffle from Malaysia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this a known scam

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

I don't know about "First Night Tours" because the names of the travel agencies change all the time, but I do know about Malaysian "scratchie" scams. For some reason they target primarily Australians and we have answered this kind of question many times before.

Here's how it works:

You get something in the mail, generally a very professional looking travel brochure with scratchie tickets. And lo and behold, when you scratch the ticket, you find that you have won big bucks.

In reality, however, the whole thing is to make you pay for something you're never going to get, in effect, to steal your money.

Don't let the professional mailing fool you. It is well worth the scammer's while to pay for a high-quality brochure and official looking tickets, because they will make that cost back and then some if they swindle just one victim. Don't let that be you.

You would never pay upfront to collect monies already supposedly yours. They would simply deduct the claims fee from your so-called winnings The ONLY reason to charge you up front is if they really have nothing for you at all.

There are pages of complaints about assorted scratchie frauds. Don't fall for this one.

www.google.com/search?q=scratchie+frauds+asia&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS525US525&oq=scratchie+frauds+asia&aqs=chrome..69i57.6015j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If you have more information that you think might change my mind if you told me about it, please reply here on this question thread and I will expand my answer. But Scamwatch warns Australians about scratchie frauds here:

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/unexpected-winnings/scratchie-scams

I wanted to use my free first time and my bank has just rang regarding a sum of $5.00 being taken out also a sum of $82 I did not agree to pay this second amount My bank has blocked the payment.

Don't tell me. I work for myself, as do all experts here. You need customer service at***@******.*** They work for the site and handle billing and membership issues.

In Adelaide.
South Australia

I'm not sure why I need to know where you are. If you have a complaint about the site, you need customer service at***@******.***

If you want an answer, I already provided it to you before you registered your complaint. Scroll up and read it.

Will you please delete my bank transactions with you now as I was using my first time free inquiry.

No. I can't. I am not a site employee and am not privy to your account information. Please email customer service at***@******.***. They will assist.