In March 2017 I took out a loan for $5005 to cover dental…

In March 2017 I...

In March 2017 I took out a loan for $5005 to cover dental work to a local dental office. The entire amount was paid to them and I am now making payments to a financial institution. Due to what I considered unethical practices, I decided to stop my treatment there and asked for a refund. I have a letter from them saying they owe me the money and will pay me $300 per month until paid off. I have received only one payment and I have been advised (and confirmed through a detective handling the investigation) that former employees of this dental office are under investigation for criminal charges related to siphoning off money from the dental office. I have a suspicion that the dental office is going to go out of business and I'm won't get the refund they admit they owe me. What should I do to ensure I get refunded the amount they owe me?

Lawyer's Assistant: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.

Where is the Order History page? I'm not seeing it....

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

It's in California and the purchase was made in March 2017.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have documented everything!!! Intitially I talked with the financial organization I'm paying the monthly payments to and they said that since they already paid the entire amount to the dental office that I would have to get a refund from them. They said it can be done in just a day but the doctor I've been dealing with keeps telling me that they don't have enough capital funds to pay me, that they haven't even paid their rent and that they're trying to get some capital to work with. I have talked with one of the doctors there who has facilitated my getting a signed letter from them stating they owe me the money and will pay it monthly until paid in full. She is also the one that alerted me to the fact that there is an ongoing investigation and gave me the case number, name and phone number of the investigating detective. i called and talked with the detective who confirmed the ongoing investigation and the likelihood that criminal charges will soon be brought against the alleged perpetrators.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that they signed letter from the dental office also states that in the event they close their doors, go out of business for any reason or file bankruptcy, that they can't and won't name me in the list of debtors for bankruptcy. I guess that's it in a nutshell......and that I have it all documented. I just don't know what to do next and am fearful that I will end up being out the money I'm due to me.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I'm trying to send supporting documents but the website won't allow me to....
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your consumer law, debt agreement and contractual law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you.

Your contractual agreement for repayment is going to be enforceable for and against you unless the contract has already been broken.

I would like to review this as an additional service if you require the contract reviewed and it would be a premium service ?

The fact that the dental practice is going out of business isn't something that invalidates your agreement.

Because of the amounts involved it is something you could sue on in the small claims court or even Superior Ct if the need arises.

Here for your follow up as needed.

I'm an independent legal expert and get a credit after you take the time to leave positive feedback today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer