I was filed a lawsuit ~ a complaint for debt by a collect…

I was filed a...

I was filed a lawsuit ~ a complaint for debt by a collect collector. I was severed the paperwork at work. I called the lawyer representing the plantiff and she said I needed to call the collection agency. I did that ~ and we agreed on a settlement before the court date. I made a payment on 3/5 and the final payment today. However, when I arrived to make the payment, the collection agency said I still owed more. The figure was different than the amount provided to me by the lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

The state is NV and papers were served on Feb 23rd

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I filed an Answer to the Complaint and the court date is on 3/29/2018

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
My court appearance is on 3/29/2018. Do you recommend a lawyer at this stage?
I thought we had reached a settlement, but the debt collector wanted $25 more than what was provided to me by the lawyer. I tried to make a final payment, but they would not take it.
What do I say to the judge on the court date? The lawyer also filed a motion to attend the hearing via telephone.
I would avoid lawyer fees.
The lawyer terms are binding and I would tell the court which should compel that agreement.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
There was nothing written from the lawyer about the settlement agreement. She had just provided me the summary of what was owed and nothing more.
You would still raise what was said verbally. The court will often help memorialize a written agreement.
Good luck. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I had provided the partial payment via cashier's check and thought about cancelling it b/c the plantiff did not hold to their agreement. Is that a good idea or no?
I would not stop payment. Not recommended.
Ok, thank you. Acceptable.
Good luck! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney